Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wikis

Over the last 2 days I have been playing with Wikis.  At first, I signed up for wetpaint.com and had a play.  I have had no experiences with wikis until seeing wetpaint, and wetpaint had turned me off wikis completely. I found it visually overwhelming, ads everywhere (and today I found out that you can't remove the ads unless you want to pay for that option), and it just seemed disorganised.  I just couldn't follow it (and that includes other people's sites). 

Thankfully, today I saw someone elses wiki at wikispaces.  It was much easier on the eyes and appeared user friendly.  So, I ditched wetpaint (that would be my advice to anyone) and set up (yet another) account with wikispaces.  It seems much more structured (for a super novice like me), and  at least now I feel there is hope in using wikis in the classroom.  Yesterday, I wasn't using a wiki for anyone. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie, I agree, I have had a brief look at both and don't like the advertising or appearance of Wetpaint either. It reminds me too much of the dozens of social networking sites that are already out there! I think Wikispaces looks much more professional too. Hopefully I'll get mine done soon too! Regards, Carolyne

    ReplyDelete