Friday, March 12, 2010

Blogger Revisited

Wow! What an intense first 2 weeks! I remember now why I didn't read anything for months after I finished my undergrad degree!!!! I was well and truly over reading. The GDLT is going to be no different.

I must say, so far, that I am excited about technology and it's endless possibilities in the classroom (even though I am lacking in digital literacy). I really want to know how to create a podcast, create a website, create and upload a video (although, without any pressure!!) and then use these tools in the classroom (that's right, I don't even have these basic skills!). The students will probably end up teaching me! I think I could really get into it once I know how. I have just had no reason to know all these things up until now.

I am also interested to learn more about gaming and literacy (this has been alluded to in the literacy courseware - I just haven't had time to expand into that area yet). As there is a huge gaming culture in our society, I'd love to know if there are any links to literacy, or in fact to the development (or lack of development) of other skills. Also, as kids love playing games, I am wondering how this interest can be brought to the classroom and used productively? I probably won't be able to answer this in the coming year, but it will be in the back of my mind to revisit at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment