Thursday, March 18, 2010

Take a Vote

I have learnt about another tool that we could use in our classrooms with students and it is the good old fashioned opinion poll.  I have created some on my wiki site Chocoholics Paradise.  I think the following quote from the Emerson College website sums it up quite nicely:

 "While inspiring class discussion, a poll can give students a place to express their view on an issue and help them consider the views of others. An online poll gives students privacy to honestly express an opinion without anxiety and time to formulate a strong argument for their viewpoint, which ultimately sets the stage for meaningful in-classroom discussion."

Another site also provides a couple of examples of how we can use opinion polls in the classroom.  The website I used to create an opinion poll is at vizu.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment