Friday, April 2, 2010

U-Tube - Oh the Possibilities!!!

Now, even though I am behind the 8 ball when it comes to technology, I have heard of u-tube (and, yes, this was even before the course believe it or not!),but I didn't explore it. Of course, the extent of its possibilities is yet to be realised but I have seen its benefits time and time again while in this course (for example, instructions on how to embed powerpoint into a blog, or even to explain simple concepts such as blogs and RSS feeds). U-tube has enhanced my learning and I feel it is a very powerful tool, particularly because video clips are so readily available and in any topic imaginable. I also like U-tube because sometimes a short video (like a picture) can paint a thousand words.  I just need to be mindful that I am using it to enhance my learning design and not just because I can. .So, with that in mind.......

I decided to use a U-tube clip on origami. I decided that I was teaching my students about the art of paper folding, but what I realised, is that it can be a little hard to see what I am doing when I am demonstrating the technique of making a crane. U-tube provides a clear tutorial that all can see and the advantage is that I can pause and go back on the clip if students are having trouble. In the same topic, U-tube also shows more challenging designs in origami that I may have trouble showing (or even doing), but students may like to try. In effect, I would use U-tube to compliment and enhance my pedagogy so that it is more effective.

Here is my clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment