Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How Cool - Screen Shots Made Easy!!!

I have just learnt something new today (although, it almost seems that I am learning something new everyday)!  I have just learnt the easiest, fool proof way of taking a screen shot (because even I can do it)!  I just haven't worked out how to get it into my blog, but I can put it into Word.  All you have to do is follow these simple steps:

1.  In the screen you want to take a screen shot of, press CTRL + Print Screen button (mine is located next to the F12 button)
2.  In Word, right click mouse button and select Paste.

Ta-da.  There is your screen shot.  I am truly amazed.

I have seen screen shots before but haven't given them much thought until my lecturer used a screen shot to explain how to create a hyperlink in an open window.  Of course, I then realised that this simple idea would be invaluable to help students when they are learning a new software tool or to learn about more advanced features of a program.  A screen shot, combined with more explicit verbal and written instructions, would reach the majority of my learners as it incorporates a number of different learning styles.  Now that I know how to do a very basic screen shot, I will definitely be using this application in my pedagogical practices.  It is simple yet very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment